- Take some time away from the news
- A dog’s breakfast, again
- Mr. Harper: Addick addict
- A $20K slap in the face
- Long White Beard
- Keep your handbills… But please complete another survey, and Tweet and Like something for us*
- Vilification, revisited.
- Twister coming to Guelph?
- How to embarrass a city council, badly
- Andrew Coyne: Fear of audits led Conservatives to cover for Duffy natpo.st/186YSh8 via @fullcomment, a good read on a long weekend! 2 hours ago
- Knowing how to win counts in hockey and politics; guelphmercury.com/opinion/column… via @guelphmercury; Horwath ran down the clock against an empty net 1 day ago
- Even if Duffy goes the mess will linger for the PMO natpo.st/11I9wfn via @fullcomment; a scandal fit for this senator. Fitting indeed. 1 day ago
- Ontario NDP’s slo-mo slide from victory to incompetence natpo.st/17qb3b9 via @fullcomment; NDP's good strategy if governing isn't goal 3 days ago
- Govt spends $ to monitor own MPs #cdnpoli huff.to/170UBh9 via @HuffPostCanada; media monitoring, you seriously want this too #Guelph? 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Taxes
No further explanation is required. That seems to be the attitude from Guelph’s City Hall in the instances when the news doesn’t match up with the City’s “official speak”. It’s a big issue as it goes to public confidence in … Continue reading
A response from Guelph CAO Ann Pappert was published in yesterday’s Mercury, regarding the Bradshaw video misadventure, along with a field goal of an editorial on it today — alluding to the inescapable question… when will Council weigh in and … Continue reading
The first wave of bins have been put into service. We need an audit and report to Council of all costs, including all staff time involved in the launch, against projections. We also need a report to Council of what … Continue reading
Here is a photo of our new composting bin. The resident squirrel made short work of it. Below, a photo of the plastic container that we’ve used for some years now for storing our plastic bags. Same chewing, but it … Continue reading
Guelph is applying for permission to accept waste from the USA. Politics aside, the powers-that-be must be having sleepless nights. It must be that bad. They bet the farm, and bet large, on a facility for composting waste. Only, it’s much larger than what we need, … Continue reading
We received our MPAC property assessment notice in the mail today. There’s been a jump in property value for us. And the City says it needs an 8.5% increase in taxes to maintain present levels of service?!
It was recently reported that Guelph’s CAO Anne Pappert used the word, “regressive” in describing the outcome for the city in pursuing a lower tax increase (up to 3%) – as directed by council – than the 8.5% increase staff has signalled would be necessary to maintain services … Continue reading