- Take some time away from the news
- A dog’s breakfast, again
- Mr. Harper: Addick addict
- A $20K slap in the face
- Long White Beard
- Keep your handbills… But please complete another survey, and Tweet and Like something for us*
- Vilification, revisited.
- Twister coming to Guelph?
- How to embarrass a city council, badly
- Andrew Coyne: Fear of audits led Conservatives to cover for Duffy natpo.st/186YSh8 via @fullcomment, a good read on a long weekend! 12 hours ago
- Knowing how to win counts in hockey and politics; guelphmercury.com/opinion/column… via @guelphmercury; Horwath ran down the clock against an empty net 1 day ago
- Even if Duffy goes the mess will linger for the PMO natpo.st/11I9wfn via @fullcomment; a scandal fit for this senator. Fitting indeed. 2 days ago
- Ontario NDP’s slo-mo slide from victory to incompetence natpo.st/17qb3b9 via @fullcomment; NDP's good strategy if governing isn't goal 3 days ago
- Govt spends $ to monitor own MPs #cdnpoli huff.to/170UBh9 via @HuffPostCanada; media monitoring, you seriously want this too #Guelph? 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Downtown
Literally throwing it out. Don’t miss this Letter to the Editor, published in Guelph Tribune. Surely this isn’t the first time this type of enforcement issue has been raised regarding downtown parking. One more reason to return the meters — … Continue reading
And let the Wellington Plaza business owners and their staff get on with their livelihoods. And their lives. I came across this article from the Guelph Mercury’s Rob O’Flanagan, regarding the City’s intention to buy up and demolish commercial buildings … Continue reading
We received our MPAC property assessment notice in the mail today. There’s been a jump in property value for us. And the City says it needs an 8.5% increase in taxes to maintain present levels of service?!
Smoke and mirrors. Here is how Guelph councillors voted on an “unfriendly amendment” to Councillor Bell’s late night bar motion, after a lot of discussion, which included comments by Councillor Burcher. The ”unfriendly amendment” was moved by Councillor Burcher; the following is how council members voted on it: September … Continue reading
All too often, seems like I am hearing a narrative — that often doesn’t clear the bar, sometimes transparently so – when Guelph Mayor Farbridge comments to Council. It kinda reminds me of storytime with my daughter, only, we don’t read stuff to her that would … Continue reading
You likely recall my “It was already over” post. Just to pick up on that, I’ve long been uncomfortable with the “let’s push it through now while we have the numbers on Council” approach to priority setting that seemed to drive spending during the … Continue reading