- Take some time away from the news
- A dog’s breakfast, again
- Mr. Harper: Addick addict
- A $20K slap in the face
- Long White Beard
- Keep your handbills… But please complete another survey, and Tweet and Like something for us*
- Vilification, revisited.
- Twister coming to Guelph?
- How to embarrass a city council, badly
- Andrew Coyne: Fear of audits led Conservatives to cover for Duffy natpo.st/186YSh8 via @fullcomment, a good read on a long weekend! 17 hours ago
- Knowing how to win counts in hockey and politics; guelphmercury.com/opinion/column… via @guelphmercury; Horwath ran down the clock against an empty net 1 day ago
- Even if Duffy goes the mess will linger for the PMO natpo.st/11I9wfn via @fullcomment; a scandal fit for this senator. Fitting indeed. 2 days ago
- Ontario NDP’s slo-mo slide from victory to incompetence natpo.st/17qb3b9 via @fullcomment; NDP's good strategy if governing isn't goal 4 days ago
- Govt spends $ to monitor own MPs #cdnpoli huff.to/170UBh9 via @HuffPostCanada; media monitoring, you seriously want this too #Guelph? 4 days ago
Category Archives: Accountability
OMB presented it’s decision regarding the Abode application last week. Robert Routledge, a member of the Guelph Mercury’s Community Editorial Board, writes that a student complex at the south-east corner of Stone and Gordon, “creates a win-win-win-win-lose-lose situation for most … Continue reading
And click here and watch the video.
I’m one to tweet and recommend a well-considered editorial, and there certainly have been strong editorials coming out of the Guelph Mercury. But compare this Mercury editorial, regarding the $20K move incentive for CAO Ann Pappert with this one, regarding … Continue reading
Watch this doc clip with commentary from Justine Trudeau. Now, watch how it is used in this Conservative Party of Canada attack ad. Today, turning the curve is introducing a new word to Canadian political discourse — you’ve seen it here … Continue reading
Just picking up on the buzz here and here about Guelph’s top public official, CAO Ann Pappert deciding to move to Guelph. I can only say how incensed I am to learn that CAO Pappert has a $20K incentive in … Continue reading
Waiting on the OMB Board’s decision regarding Abode Varsity Living’s applications reminds me of the “Long White Beard” Saturday Night Live bit — the hearing concluded October 3rd, 2012. The applications, (which are listed as Adobe (sic) Varsity Living in … Continue reading
* Or, “Worried about your temporary structures? You’re kinda missing the bigger picture.**” **Or, “It’s actually about getting your data, stupid (not that I think you’re stupid).” Given the community’s response to those aspects of the City of Guelph’s draft … Continue reading